Sunday, April 12, 2009

Burning one

I have been at the junction of science and spirit for some time, my bus has yet to come. As a student of relativity, I know a scientific instrument may be true only, as per it's place in space time. This also applies to perspective and reality.

To simplify, a mirror reflects a past moment in time, much like a photograph. It takes time for your image to reach the mirror and time for your ocular system to register the reflection, making the mirror a window to the past... a very near past.

Any obsessive, over-thinker will quickly cut the mirror out of the equation and still find it takes time for the eyes/brain to decode what we see. Then it's only a short hop to substituting sight with all their other senses. Before they know it they realize they are living in the past... and by 'they' I mean, 'I'..

That along with all the other shit on my plate, has me happier then hell and confused as fuck. I enjoy it though.

1 comment:

  1. you must also add in the eqation that time is not linear as we'd like to think...it's spherical. i enjoy these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete